Web Interface to a Parallel Computer
Convert the Simpson's Rule MPI application into a Web Service and invoke through a simple client. Use the following steps:
- Install Tomcat and deploy Apache Axis. See the examples here: http://www.grid2004.org/spring2004/.
- Develop a very simple service and client to test. See homework 5 and 6 from the above link.
- Develop a Java application that can execute your Simpson's rule application. See for example http://grids.ucs.indiana.edu/ptliupages/jsucourse2005/WebServicesOverview.ppt, slides 25 and 26.
- Convert this application into a Web Service by deploying it into Axis.
- Write a simple client to test your code.
- Due Monday April 18