Portlets for Web Services
Write a portlet client for your Web Service.
- Complete Homework 5. You must install run your web service on a GridFarm machine.
- Install Tomcat 5.0.x on another machine (such as your desktop PC).
- Intall Axis into Tomcat on your desktop.
- Use the Axis stub generators to create client stubs for you service. See the April 25th lecture notes and the Spring 2004 lecture notes for details.
- Install uPortal on your desktop. See www.uportal.org
- Following the lecture slides from March 30th, develop and deploy a portlet that uses your client stubs.
- See also the slides from here, especially "OGCESampleInstall.ppt".
- Due Monday April 18